Monday, October 14, 2013

GoPicnic-On the Go Shelf Stable Food

     I don't normally do this, but I am reviewing a few products from a website.  I got a groupon for www.gopicnic.com for $40 of food for $20.  I checked out the site and quickly snagged my deal.
Honestly, I think it is a little overpriced for the amount of food you get, but with this deal I could not go wrong!



     GoPicnic is a site dedicated to easy, shelf stable, on the go meals and snacks.  They have a variety of different options which will hopefully expand as their business grows.  They have vegan, gluten free, nut free and a few other special diet meals.  Right now, a lot of the different options are sold out thanks to deal seekers everywhere, but I was able to find three that looked interesting to me. I got the hummus and crackers, the Sunbutter and Crackers, and the Black Bean Dip and Plantain Chips.  Each one has the main item listed along with snack mixes and a little dessert.  I have now tried the sunbutter and the black bean meals which were delicious!  I still have yet to try the hummus but I will update when I do.
     I can see breaking up the meals if you just need a little snack or just taking the whole meal.  The meal was enough to satisfy me for hours, but I really don't eat a lot at once.  If you are someone who eats a little more, you might need something on top of this or use it for a snack. :)

Update 2/25/24
I realized I forgot to update about the hummus.  I personally thought it was over flavored and had too much garlic.  I like a more mild hummus.  My brother on the other hand loved it.  I guess it depends on what you like for hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment