Monday, May 27, 2013

Pizza Dough and Cheeseless Pizza


     My sister and I were home alone for dinner.  She and I were both in the mood for pizza so I started googling.  I found a promising dough recipe even though it would take a while and looked like a bit of work.  We both were not hungry so I got it started at about 5.  This was my first experience making pizza from scratch so it took me until 9 to make it though I should have finished about 8.  Thankfully, it was worth the wait!


     The pizza recipe below can be done with any dough, but I made my own.  Here is the recipe for the dough I made from About.com.

(The dough just out of the bowl before kneading)

     After the dough is fully done, heat the oven to 425.  Divide the dough into two balls.  If making only one pizza, coat the second ball of dough in a little olive oil and place in a plastic bag for another time.  If not, repeat these steps for both dough balls.

Homemade Cheeseless Pizza

Pizza dough
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove crushed or diced garlic
1/4 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp pesto paste
1/2 tsp balsamic glaze
Leftover meat of choice
1/4 tsp fresh chopped or dried basil

     Stretch the dough ball to the desired size for the pizza stone or pizza pan.  Put olive oil in a small bowl with garlic.  Brush the entire pie with the oil and garlic leaving a little of the mixture behind.  Place in the oven for 8 minutes.

     While the crust is in the oven, open and drain the diced tomatoes.  In a small bowl, mix maple syrup, pesto paste, and balsamic glaze.  Dice enough leftover meat to coat the pizza to your liking (I used pork tenderloin cooked with barbecue sauce).

     Once the 8 minutes is up for the crust, remove it from the oven.  Spread the drained diced tomatoes onto the crust and put the meat on top of that.  Brush the outer crust with the remaining oil and garlic.  Use the brush to dab the pizza with the with all the balsamic sauce evenly.  Sprinkle the basal on top and place back in the oven for another 7 minutes.  Remove from oven, cut and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment