Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dairy Free Waffles

Found this recipe this morning and decided to give it a try.  It makes deliciously fluffy waffles!  I would post a pic but my siblings ate the rest of them! :)
Delicious dairy-free waffles
Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk of choice
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions
In a large bowl, whisk one egg until foamy. Add milk of choice, vanilla and vegetable oil and whisk thoroughly again. Once mixed, add in sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk a third time. Once all dry ingredients are well incorporated, add in flour and mix until just combined. Pour into pre-heated waffle iron. Follow your waffle-maker’s directions for cook time.

Update 2/25/14




I made a double batch today and took pics right away.  I also added a little bit of mini chocolate chips for a few sets.  Siblings love them and I actually have some left to freeze for later. :)

Though I used syrup for the pic, I am using a little agave nectar or peanut butter instead of syrup.


(The reason a corner is missing on each one is I have a square waffle iron.  I still have not mastered getting all of the iron to fill with mix without spilling out)

No comments:

Post a Comment