Monday, April 29, 2013

Onion and Bacon Pasta Improv

In looking through the fridge I concluded there were no leftovers for a full meal.  The only thing I could eat was some roast beef.  Then, I eyeballed the bacon.

(Photo credit http://bacon.wikia.com/wiki/Bacon)

I have a confession to make, I have an obsession with bacon.  If you are not also obsessed with bacon I believe you cannot be a human. ;)

(Photo credit http://baconnation.net/?tag=art)

While bacon was not the main ingredient in the dish I threw together, it definitely made it great!  My one suggestion would be to replace the roast beef with chicken.  I would have used chicken but as I said before, we only had roast beef.

Onion and Bacon Pasta

1 bag Ronzoni penne pasta portions
Olive oil
1/4 small onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
Diced pepper (I diced 3 strips)
1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
A few shakes of the following dry ingredients
     Dried oregano
     Dried basil
     Dried parsley
     Salt
     Peper
Diced leftover meat of choice (I would use chicken next time)
2 strips precooked bacon, cut into small pieces
Drizzle of balsamic glaze

Put water on to boil for pasta.
In a small pan or skillet coated in olive oil, sauté onions, garlic and diced peppers until softened.  Add more oil, tomato paste, dry ingredients and simmer until the pasta goes into the water.  When the pasta is cooking, add the rest on the ingredients.  Drain pasta and put into skillet.  Heat for a few minutes and then enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment